About Aurora BayCare Medical Center
In September 2001, a joint venture between Aurora Health Care and BayCare Clinic resulted in a new tertiary hospital in Green Bay. Over the last 10 years Aurora BayCare Medical Center has been instrumental in changing the landscape of health care in the community.
2845 Greenbrier Rd, Green Bay
Daniel Meyer, chief administrative officer
More than 200
More than 1,000
Licensed Hospital Beds
HIPAA Rules for Media
One word conditions may be released if:
- The patient is inpatient
- The media representative knows the patient’s first and last name
- The patient is in the facility’s patient directory (patients may choose to opt out of the directory).
One word conditions are:
- Undetermined. Patient is awaiting physician assessment.
- Good. Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair. Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious. Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical. Vital signs are be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
Authorization for Public Disclosure of Health Information forms are needed to:
- Report a birth
- Give details beyond the one word condition
- Conduct any interviews, take photographs, take video, etc.
- Perform interviews with Aurora representatives regarding a patient’s condition
NOTE: No interviews with the media will take place without the patient’s prior authorization from an Aurora Health Care representative. Only information specified on the authorization form will be released.