Maternal Fetal Medicine
For high risk pregnancies
Sometimes, you and your future baby need more than routine prenatal care. That’s when our maternal-fetal medicine and neonatal specialists are ready to assist.
Maternal Fetal Medicine is a sub-specialty of obstetrics that focuses on expectant mothers with special medical needs.
Your pregnancy may be considered high risk if you:
- Are over 35
- Are expecting multiples
- Have high blood pressure or diabetes
- Have a history of pregnancy-related complications
- Have a genetic history that could cause abnormalities
At the Perinatal Center at Aurora BayCare Medical Center, you and your primary obstetrician will work with our maternal-fetal specialists, whose sole focus is on caring for your health and the health of your future baby. These high risk pregnancy experts may provide care during your pregnancy, during a potentially high-risk birth, and beyond.
Our specialists have access to state-of-the-art technologies for diagnostic testing and monitoring, as well as expertise in advanced methods for high-risk pregnancy management.
Maternal-Fetal Medicine Services
Our maternal fetal medicine specialists provide a complete range of OB/GYN services, from routine obstetrical care to management for complex prenatal conditions. Services include:
- Pre-pregnancy consultation
- Pregnancy planning for medical complications, such as diabetes, chronic hypertension, or renal disease, or a history of multiple miscarriages
- Clinical management for pregnancies complicated by obstetrical or surgical conditions
- Genetic and nutrition counseling
Not everyone needs the highest level of neonatal care, but if you do, you can feel confident knowing that Aurora BayCare Medical Center hosts a Level lll neonatal intensive care unit with round-the-clock coverage by our experienced team of board-certified, fellowship-trained neonatologists complemented by a team of neonatal nurse practitioners, newborn care nurses and registered respiratory therapists.