One of our biggest priorities is providing education and support to you, your family, and our live donors
Aurora BayCare’s Transplant Clinic provides life-long monitoring and care for patients following a bone marrow, stem cell, or organ transplant.
Aurora BayCare offers a transplant clinic to provide support to patients and donors participating in Aurora Health Care's transplant programs. We have abdominal transplant physicians and an abdominal transplant coordinator onsite. Once a month, other transplant program staff are onsite in Green Bay to provide the following services:
- Transplant evaluations for potential recipients and donors
- Blood work / labs to evaluate organ function
- Monitoring for signs of complication
- Consultation regarding activities, diet, medication, and other medical care
After a transplant, you will need life-long medical care and transplant follow-up. These clinic visits help us ensure you have optimal organ function and allow us to evaluate any transplant-related problems that could occur.
Self-Care After A Transplant
One of our biggest priorities is providing education and support to you, your family, and our live donors. We provide a local resource for you to learn about your organ transplant options and any lifestyle changes required for transplant success.
Remember, you are the most important member of your transplant team. After a transplant, your responsibilities include:
- Practicing healthy habits, including diet and exercise, as recommended
- Taking your medications as prescribed
- Monitoring for signs of infection, complication, or rejection
- Attending the transplant clinic as recommended for evaluation
Aurora Health Care Transplant Program
Aurora BayCare provides medical support for patients receiving transplants at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee. Aurora St. Luke’s offers a comprehensive transplant program, including heart, kidney, liver, pancreas, and autologous stem cell transplants. The cardiac transplant program at Aurora St. Luke's is the largest in Wisconsin and ranks among the top 10% of programs nationwide for the volume of transplants they complete.
We partner closely with your transplant team so you can receive much of your preparatory and follow-up care right here in Green Bay.