Before you head overseas, head to the Aurora BayCare Travel Clinic
Whether you are going on vacation, planning to study abroad, doing humanitarian work, or traveling on business, make the first stop on your itinerary a trip to an Aurora BayCare Travel Clinic.
The providers at the Aurora BayCare Travel Clinic would like to meet with you before you travel overseas. We stay up-to-date on the current health concerns in other parts of the world and can equip you with the tools and advice you need to minimize your health risks and have a safe travel experience.
Before Your Trip
We recommend you schedule your appointment with a travel health specialist four to six weeks in advance of your departure. That allows sufficient time for you to complete any vaccines needed or for vaccinations to bolster your body’s immune system.
Your pre-trip travel consultation with a travel clinic physician includes the following:
- Travel information on your specific destination
- Vaccination administration, if appropriate, to prevent destination specific, travel related illnesses
- Medication prescriptions for conditions such as malaria or traveler’s diarrhea and education on use
- Information on the best ways for you to have a safe and healthy trip based on your destination
Special Populations and Travel
You may need to take extra travel precautions if any of the following pertains to you:
- You are pregnant
- You have other health conditions such as cancer, or HIV infection that affect your immune system
It is important that you consult with your Aurora BayCare Travel Clinic physician regarding any chronic conditions you are managing.
After Your Trip
Your travel clinic physician may recommend you make a follow-up appointment after your trip, depending on where you go and how long you are away. Your travel clinic physician can treat infection you may have acquired on your trip or provide other follow-up care you may require.
Aurora BayCare Medical Center
2845 Greenbrier Road