Living in Green Bay
It’s better by the bay! Kiplinger’s magazine rated Green Bay area as one of the top five places to raise a family.
And the Farmers Insurance Group ranked us as one of the Most Secure Places to Live in the U.S. Here we offer urban amenities in a family-centered environment. Find out what makes Green Bay so special:
- We’re a waterfront city. The Fox River and Lake Michigan offer multiple recreation opportunities like sailing, kayaking, boating and fishing—not to mention lots of amazing views.
- Shorter commutes. The average commute here is just over 15 minutes.
- Lower cost of living. Our average cost of living is 40% less than Chicago suburbs and 18% below the national average.
- Education. Our students consistently score among the nation's highest ACT and SAT percentiles. We also offer top-quality higher education at several college and university systems in the area.
- Outdoor recreation. Northeast Wisconsin is home to hundreds of miles of trails and waterways.
- Art and culture. Catch a Broadway show, attend the symphony, or savor a locally-sourced gourmet meal. And come summer you can find an outdoor concert nearly every night of the week.
- World renowned professional sports. Go Pack!
Look just beyond our city borders and there’s so much more to enjoy: noteworthy regional museums, rated hiking trails, PGA Championship golf courses, thriving arts communities, and more than 300 miles of shoreline on the Great Lakes.
Once you’ve lived in Green Bay, you’ll realize there’s no other place quite like it. Here we feel safe in our communities, we celebrate strong work ethics, and we have confidence in our schools. It’s a small city, but a big life.