A critical part of the recovery process for many medical problems
Orthopedic rehabilitation is a form of therapy that treats conditions of the skeletal and muscular systems.
Rehabilitation is a critical part of the recovery process for many medical problems. Whether you seek rehabilitation for a knee replacement, shoulder pain, or torn ligaments, therapy is intended to help you heal quickly and completely so you can get back to normal activities, as pain-free as possible.
You will receive an individualized rehabilitation plan that targets your specific needs. Prior to therapy, we will evaluate your functional weaknesses and discuss your personal goals.
Treatment interventions may include:
- Aquatic therapy
- Comprehensive foot evaluations and custom orthotics
- Functional re-training including balance and coordination
- Individualized strengthening programs
- Manual techniques such as massage, soft tissue and joint mobilizations
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Patient and family education
- Postural training
Our highly trained therapists are certified in a variety of treatment interventions,and state-of-the-art therapy equipment is available for your use.
Special Program Features
- Collaborative team therapy approach
- Family support and education
- State-of-the-art therapy equipment and rehab technology
- Inpatient and outpatient programs
- Pre-op therapy and training before joint replacement surgery
Common Orthopedic Rehab Conditions
Our experienced staff of physical and occupational therapists work closely with our referring physicians to treat a wide variety of orthopedic conditions. These conditions involve injury to the skeleton, muscles, tendons and their supporting soft tissue. Some of the most common conditions include:
- Shoulder tendonitis and/or impingement
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Hip pain
- Knee injuries
- Foot and ankle pain
Aurora BayCare’s orthopedic rehabilitation teams help patients recover from surgery and accidental injuries.