Cardiac rehabilitation helps you recover faster after heart surgery
It can also help you avoid surgery or re-hospitalization.Cardiac rehabilitation is a program of education, exercise, and lifestyle modifications designed to reduce your risk factors and improve your quality of life.
Avoiding Heart Problems. You can participate in a cardiac rehabilitation program if you have angina or known risk factors for heart disease.
After Surgery. After heart surgery, rehabilitation is an essential part of cardiac care. Exercise, nutrition, and medication will be key to your long-term, post-surgery success. Research shows that physical therapy and wellness counseling improve survival rates after a heart attack.
Our cardiac rehabilitation team helps manage heart conditions by providing:
- Clinical and fitness evaluations
- Individualized exercise programs and monitoring
- Education and counseling
- Risk factor screening
- Dietary counseling
Multidisciplinary Cardiac Care
We offer a multidisciplinary cardiac rehabilitation program with cardiologists, nurses, and exercise physiologists directly collaborating with rehabilitation staff.
- Our specialized clinicians will evaluate your condition and risks and create a treatment program to meet your individual needs.
- We want to understand how heart disease has affected your life so we can build a program designed to get you back to the activities you enjoy most.
- We can connect you with integrated treatment options including nutrition, support groups, and emotional support for both you and your family.
- With your permission, we will provide ongoing progress reports to your cardiologist, general practitioner, or other referring physicians
Rooted in Research
Our cardiac rehabilitation program is certified through the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. All of our care is grounded in the most current scientific and clinical evidence. You will have access to the latest clinical advancements to manage your heart condition.
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation
With cardiac rehabilitation, our primary goal is to improve your quality of life to:
- Lower your risk for heart attacks or other heart problems
- Create greater tolerance for exercise
- Decrease pain
- Lower your need for medications to treat chest pain
- Improve overall health
- Reduce hospital stays
Be proactive. Contact Aurora BayCare’s cardiac rehabilitation team. We’ll treat the whole person and improve your quality of life.