Chemo and radiation take a toll on your body
Cancer rehabilitation can help you get stronger and return to your normal life.
At Aurora BayCare, we understand that rehabilitation is an essential part of cancer care. Physical therapy, exercise, and other integrated treatment options can help speed recovery and prevent relapse.
Rehabilitation Therapy for Cancer
We see patients who have the following:
- Balance problems
- Cognitive impairment
- Decreased endurance
- Impaired motion
- Scar tissue
- Sleep problems
- Speech problems
If you have cancer or are a cancer survivor, our trained clinicians will help you:
- Improve cognitive function
- Improve sleep quality
- Regain balance
- Regain mobility
- Control pain
- Reduce scar tissue formation
- Reduce swelling
- Prevent or manage lymphedema
- Improve strength and endurance
We want to be sure you get ongoing care, so you can live a normal, comfortable life after cancer.
Physical Therapy and Exercise
Research shows that an active lifestyle can enhance your recovery and reduce the symptoms and side effects associated with cancer treatment. A physical therapist can help with walking, balance, range of motion, and strength. They can also treat problems with swelling, scar tissue management, posture, incontinence, and painful intercourse.
Exercise training can contribute to positive physical changes and emotional wellness for cancer survivors. Most patients can safely participate in an exercise program throughout their treatment. Exercise programs can be adapted to meet your needs at every point in the treatment (and aftercare) process.
Integrated Cancer Therapy
Our cancer rehabilitation program offers integrated care for cancer patients and survivors. We look beyond your cancer to treat the whole person, connecting you to every available treatment to maximize recovery.
- Our specialized clinicians will evaluate your symptoms and create a treatment program to meet your individual needs.
- We want to know how your treatment has affected your life so we can build a program designed to get you back to the activities you enjoy most.
- We will connect you with integrated cancer treatment options including art therapy, massage, acupuncture, pain management, nutrition, support groups, and psychotherapy.
Rooted in Research
All of our care is grounded in the most current scientific and clinical evidence. You will have access to the latest clinical advancements to reduce your symptoms and restore function.
Be proactive. Contact Aurora BayCare’s cancer therapy team. We’ll treat the whole person and improve your quality of life.