Knowing where you are will help get you to where you want to be. Performance testing gives you the knowledge you need to maximize your training. Based on your results, we can provide evidence-based recommendations to help you reach your goals.
Aurora BayCare offers a full complement of sports performance assessments. These tests provide an in-depth look at your fitness and body mechanics, providing valuable information to assess your current fitness and evaluate progress.
- Bike fitting – gain speed and minimize injuries while cycling
- Golf swing assessment – learn to improve accuracy and power
- Gait analysis, running assessment – gain speed and minimize injuries
- Video analysis – optimize your throwing, hitting, and swing techniques
- Resting metabolic rate – determine the calories you need to function at rest
- Vo2 Max – endurance testing, determine your oxygen consumption to evaluate aerobic endurance
- Nutrition consults – optimize fuel and hydration plans for performance and recovery
- ImPACT™ concussion testing – baseline and post-injury tests aid treatment and recovery plans
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Please contact us to discuss your needs. We have team expertise and advanced sports performance technology to provide a wide range of performance assessments and training services.
To schedule performance testing, call 920-288-5491.
What is VO2 Max?
VO2 max is your maximal oxygen uptake or aerobic capacity. Generally, as your fitness level increases so does your VO2 max.
Specifically, VO2 max is the maximum amount of oxygen you can take in and use during intense exercise. It’s the highest rate at which your body delivers oxygen to working muscles. The higher your VO2 max, the better your heart can pump blood and transport oxygen to your muscles.
We use a treadmill to measure your VO2. During a VO2 max test, we’ll increase the speed and grade of your run in a safe, supervised setting. Our testers have clinical expertise and will monitor your heart rate and blood pressure throughout the test.
Aerobic exercise and endurance training improve your ability to sustain a maximal heart rate for extended periods of time. It also increases the number of mitochondria in your muscles, capillary density, and the proportion of blood your muscles receive. Together, this increases your VO2 max score.
Endurance athletes usually have a high VO2 max. While VO2 max may be influenced by genetics, it can be improved. Beginning athletes can improve their VO2 max by adding more time and distance to their workouts. Experienced athletes will have to work harder to increase their VO2 max.
We help athletes of all levels and abilities improve performance. Call us at 920-288-5491 to talk about your training goals.