The Medical Fitness program extends our continuum of care
Once you’ve been discharged from your formal rehabilitation therapy, our Medical Fitness program helps you transition from formal therapy to complete independence. This is an opportunity to continue your exercise program in a supervised setting.
For a monthly fee, you can continue to use the Aurora BayCare Sports Medicine Fitness Center to perform your exercise program. You may receive guidance in the appropriate use of equipment, and the proper exercise techniques most suited for your condition. You have the added benefit of having access to your therapist should you have any questions.
There’s no “joiner” fee or obligation to continue for any length of time.
Medical fitness programs include:
- Cancer Exercise Program - in collaboration with Aurora Cancer Care
- Post-Physical Therapy Program – in collaboration with Aurora BayCare orthopedic services
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Program – in collaboration with Aurora BayCare cardiopulmonary services
- Post Bariatric Exercise Program - in collaboration with the Aurora BayCare bariatric services (surgical weight loss)
- Diabetes Exercise Program - in collaboration with our diabetes educator
- And other fitness activities adapted or adjusted to meet the needs of clients experiencing medical issues or limitations.