On-the field, on-the-court care
Aurora BayCare’s Athletic Training program provides comprehensive services to area athletes. We partner with professional and club teams and with various Northeast Wisconsin high schools.
With athletic trainers onsite during sports events and practices, we can provide immediate care to minimize the severity of injuries and help protect an athlete’s long term performance and health.
Certified Athletic Trainers
All our athletic trainers hold accredited degrees and national certification. Our athletic trainers have experience working with young athletes and understand their specific training needs
When working with any athlete, the trainer provides injury education to the athlete and his/her coaches and helps ensure the athlete’s health comes first.
Aurora BayCare’s athletic trainers are your link to a full circle of care. We evaluate and care for injuries at an event, provide information about at-home care, and refer athletes to follow-up care from our full-service Sports Medicine department.
Aurora BayCare’s athletic trainers provide athletic event coverage for competitions, practices, and workouts. We provide initial injury evaluation and treatment directly on the athletic field or in the training room. Athletic training services include:
- Emergency care and treatment: Trainers are often the first line of care after an injury. Immediate treatment may lessen the severity of the injury. Trainers can also help ensure the athlete is referred to follow-up care, when needed.
- Injury prevention: We work with athletes and coaches to reduce risk factors and minimize sports injuries.
- Treatment and rehabilitation: Athletic trainers provide post-injury care and routine treatment for a variety of sports-related injuries.
- Sports safety education: Trainers provide a central point of information for athletes, coaches, and parents, helping everyone make informed decisions that serve the athlete’s best interests.
- Cost savings: Trainers may provide routine treatment and rehabilitation services onsite, in the school or team setting.
Team Athletic Trainers
Aurora BayCare provides athletic trainers for the following teams, high schools, and community events:
- Green Bay Gamblers – Tier 1 Junior Hockey
- Green Bay Blizzard – Professional Indoor Football
- Green Bay Bullfrogs – Collegiate Summer Baseball
- De Pere High School
- Denmark High School
- Kaukauna High School
- Freedom High School
- CrossFit Green Bay
- DuTriRun Endurance Events
- Aurora BayCare Spooky Sprint
- BayCare Clinic Century Ride
- Various Green Bay Area Soccer Programs
- Titletown Gus Macker
- Youth basketball teams and tournaments
- Youth football games
- Youth hockey tournaments
- Youth and adult soccer tournaments
Additional Athletic Training Services
In addition to providing athletic event coverage, our athletic trainers also provide community outreach and education services, including:
- Injury prevention seminars
- Sports performance training
- Pre-participation sports physicals
- Concussion seminars
- Emergency Action Plan development
- Automatic External Defibrillator training
- Free sports injury walk-in assessments
We partner with schools and teams to provide high-quality athletic training and first line care for sports injuries. If you are interested in partnering with us, call (920) 288-5400.