Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
A timely investment in your oral and maxillofacial health is an investment in your quality of life
From sleep apnea to wisdom tooth extraction, oral cancer to TMJ, Aurora BayCare oral and maxillofacial surgeons diagnose and treat a variety of mouth, jaw, neck, and facial conditions.
Aurora BayCare Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons diagnose and treat facial, mouth, dental, jaw and neck disease, traumatic injury, and developmental or genetic deformity.We work closely in consultation with you and your other medical providers to resolve complex oral and facial conditions.
Aurora BayCare clients report a comfortable and highly satisfactory experience. As appropriate, procedures may be performed under local or general anesthesia or sedation alternatives.
Oral Maxillofacial Services
We provide comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for an array of oral and maxillofacial conditions and diseases, including:
- Cleft lip and palate reconstruction
- Dental implants (long-term tooth replacement)
- Facial fracture repair
- Facial reconstruction
- Nasal reconstruction
- Oral biopsy
- Oral and facial cancers
- Salivary gland diseases
- Scar revision
- Sleep apnea surgery
- TMJ disease and other jaw problems
- Wisdom tooth extraction
A timely investment in your oral and maxillofacial health is an investment in your quality of life. Consider the following:
- Dental implants are long-term replacement teeth. They don’t decay. They never slip or make noise like dentures. Individuals who choose dental implants report greater comfort and confidence.
- Wisdom teeth often “grow in” between ages 14 – 24. Most of us do not have enough space in our jaws to accommodate these additional teeth. Removing them in a timely manner minimizes the possibility of complications due to impaction and other issues. Less pain, less disruption to other teeth.
- Oral cancers, when detected early, have a high recovery rate. Regular dental care means oral cancers are likely to be detected early. Your dentist will refer you to an oral and maxillofacial surgeon to be evaluated if you have sores or lumps in your throat or mouth.
- Jaw problems affect chewing, eating, and breathing. And that can affect our ability to gain proper nourishment and to sleep – two activities essential to quality of life. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can correct these jaw problems and even improve your appearance.
Aurora BayCare oral and maxillofacial surgeons can help you gain, or regain longer-term life quality.
A Standard of Excellence
Aurora BayCare surgeons are board certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. This is the highest ranking board certification available. All of our surgeons have completed four years at an accredited dental school along with an additional four or more years in an accredited, hospital-based oral and maxillofacial surgery residency program.