Incredible Stories Start Here
Aurora BayCare is Green Bay’s leader for neurological care. Here you have access to a team specializing in brain, spine, and neuromuscular conditions -- all backed by state of the art diagnostics and imaging.
Expert care is available 24 hours a day for medical emergencies such as stroke or a ruptured aneurysm. This includes 24-7 neurointervention and other life-saving treatments that matter when seconds count.
Choose Aurora BayCare Neurology Services
Aurora BayCare provides comprehensive neurological services. Here’s just some of what we have to offer you or your loved ones:
- Neurointervention leader. The largest neurointervention team of specialists, offering minimally invasive treatment for stroke, aneurysms, and AVMs.
- Stroke care excellence. The region’s first and only Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, exceeding national standards with 24-7 interventional care.
- Referral center. Home to regional referral centers for MS, epilepsy, and Parkinson's disease. We are a regional MS Clinic, recognized by the National MS Society. We are also connected to Aurora Sinai, designated as a Parkinson Care Center by the National Parkinson Foundation and home to the Parkinson Research Institute.
- Pioneering research. Breaking new ground with clinical trials for Parkinson's disease, MS, epilepsy, and stroke. New research leads to treatment innovations.
- Advanced technology. Biplane procedure room, hybrid operating room, 3D brain mapping, 3T MRI, and a highly-specialized electromyography lab.
- Rehabilitation. Comprehensive care after a stroke, spine, or brain injury. Accredited rehabilitation center for adult rehabilitation and stroke recovery care.
First and Foremost
Our neurosurgeons remain at the forefront of rapidly changing medical advancements. We are the first (and often only) provider offering these services:
- The region’s first and only Comprehensive Stroke Center
- The region's first and only interventional neurologist
- First in Northeast Wisconsin to treat stoke patients with SOLITAIRE clot-removing technology
- First to use vagal nerve stimulation to treat depression
- First preoperative embolization of a brain tumor
- First craniotomy for epilepsy treatment
- First to use minimally invasive spinal fusion and artificial disc replacement to treat degenerative disc disease
- First hospital in Wisconsin to use the PulseRider device for cerebral aneurysm treatment
Team Care, Deep Expertise
Neurology is a complex field. You need many experts, with distinct specialties, to collaborate on the best possible care. The neuro team at Aurora BayCare brings these experts together to provide the highly-specialized, diverse skills you need.
Our collaborative team includes neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuro-oncologists (cancer specialists), pain management, and more. We provide the full cycle of care, from diagnosis through recovery. Whether you need emergency treatment, highly specialized procedures, or rehabilitation, you're in the right place.