With you for every breath
Just about everyone has felt out of breath at some point in their lives. You might attribute it to a hard workout, being out of shape, or just getting older. But if you’re having breathing problems on a regular basis, it could be a sign of something more. The lung specialists at Aurora BayCare can help diagnose and treat lung problems and breathing disorders.
Aurora BayCare provides outstanding care for people with lung disease of all kinds and stages. As leaders in pulmonary care, we match patients with the most effective treatments available. This includes the best evidence-based therapies as well as access to groundbreaking clinical trials.
Lung specialists are also referred to as pulmonologists. Pulmonary is a medical term meaning “related to the lungs.” Terms like pulmonary disease and pulmonary specialist are just another way of talking about lung disease and specialized lung doctors. No matter how you say it, we have the lung care you need, right here in Green Bay.
Signs You Should See a Lung Specialist
Left untreated, most lung conditions get worse over time. The earlier you seek care, the better. Signs you should see a lung specialist:
- Cough that lasts a month or more
- Over-production of mucus (too much for too long)
- Coughing up blood
- Ongoing shortness of breath
Advanced Lung Care
Our lung specialists offer comprehensive lung care, from diagnosis and treatment, through long-term management for chronic lung conditions. Our services include:
- Advanced diagnosis: Our pulmonary lab is equipped with the latest technology to measure your lung performance, look for disease, and evaluate the impact of treatment.
- Innovative treatments: We provide interventional pulmonology services, advanced asthma treatment, and specialized care for COPD. This state-of-the-art technology allows us to diagnose and treat lung conditions in a minimally invasive way that reduces pain and recovery time.
- Complete care: Our care includes a respiratory rehab program to strengthen your respiratory system and programs to help you quit smoking.
Areas of Expertise
From asthma to lung cancer and other complex lung disease, our lung specialists treat a wide range of respiratory problems. Areas of expertise include:
- Asthma: From simple to complex asthma cases, we can address your breathing problems to help you stay safe and active. We were the first area lung specialists offering bronchial thermoplasty, an outpatient procedure to control chronic asthma.
- Lung cancer: Aurora BayCare in Green Bay is your regional destination for lung cancer treatments. Our specialists provide single-day lung cancer consults and conduct national-level clinic trials for lung cancer treatment.
- Pulmonary fibrosis: We can help you stay healthy, active, and comfortable. Treatment options may include drug therapy, oxygen therapy, or pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Pulmonary disease: See our experts for lung conditions such as chronic cough, COPD, emphysema, and shortness of breath. We’ll help you find a way to breathe easier.
- Sarcoidosis: Treatments for this inflammatory disease may include lifestyle changes and drug therapy.
- Sleep apnea: We have the expertise and technology to help you get a good night’s rest.
We offer complete care from diagnosis to medical treatment and follow-up. Our team is regularly involved in clinical trials and research programs to evaluate evolving treatments for pulmonary disease.
Talk to our lung specialists about smoking cessation treatments that will help you overcome your addition. Smoking is the leading cause of preventable death. When you quit, you lower your risk for life-threatening health conditions like heart disease, stroke, COPD, and lung cancer.
We offer personalized support, including coaching, tobacco cessation medication, and nicotine replacement therapy.
Expert Pulmonology Care in Green Bay
Left untreated, most lung conditions get worse over time. The earlier you seek care, the better.
At Aurora BayCare, our lung specialists provide comprehensive, team-based care. We make sure you get the right care from the right expert, when you need it.
In addition to the clinical care provided by our pulmonologists, our lung care services also incorporate expertise in thoracic imaging and pulmonary rehabilitation. Pulmonologists regularly collaborate with physicians in cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, oncology and rheumatology.