Everyone has ups and downs
Feeling stressed, anxious or depressed? Struggling with an addiction? Having a hard time controlling your emotions? Whether this describes you or someone you know, Aurora BayCare Behavioral Health Services can help. We offer outpatient services in Northeast Wisconsin.
As part of a full-service health system, Aurora BayCare provides personalized care to help you cope with emotional challenges. Whether you seek therapy to relieve anxiety or are struggling with child’s behavioral issues, Aurora BayCare can provide the support you need.
Our professional staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists and psychotherapists who have experience working with children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. We offer counseling, psychological evaluation, and psychiatry for most behavioral health problems including:
- Attention deficit disorder
- Child and adolescent issues
- Family issues
- Mental illness
- Substance abuse
Mental health specialists are also available to help you cope with emotional problems arising from cancer, heart failure and other diagnoses.
Outpatient Psychiatric Services
Backed by the full resources of Aurora BayCare, we are equipped to provide many different kinds of treatments and evaluations:
- Individual, group, couples and family therapy
- Holistic techniques, including mindfulness and meditation
- Medication management
- Psychological evaluations
Is your child falling behind in school, having trouble making friends, or struggling to control their behavior? Children experience unique emotional challenges that may require professional treatment. We offer services for children with behavioral or developmental problems, and psychiatric disorders. Services include:
- Assessments – cognitive, emotional, social
- Behavior modification
- Coping skills
- Counseling and psychotherapy
- Family therapy and conflict resolution
- Group therapy
- Medication management
- Self-esteem issues
A serious illness can affect your emotional well-being. But how you react to your illness can impact your recovery and your quality of life. We can help you cope.
The Aurora Behavioral Health team includes specialists in health psychology. These psychiatrists and psychologists can help you manage your emotional reactions after a diagnosis. We can also provide the support and training you need to make any lifestyle changes necessary to manage your condition.
Mindfulness and medication exercises may help you reduce certain symptoms or decrease the impact of stress on your life.
- Feeling depressed or anxious after a health crisis, like a heart attack or stroke?
- Having trouble quitting smoking or changing other health habits like diet and exercise?
- Having problems following your doctor’s advice for a chronic condition like high blood pressure, diabetes, or heart disease?
- Having problems following diet restrictions after weight loss surgery?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, a health psychologist could help.
Rooted In Research
Our experienced team integrates the latest research and techniques into its care. Plus, we have a vast network of medical professionals to ensure your underlying medical problems get attention.