Aurora BayCare Medical Center Honors Several Nurses at Nurse Excellence Awards Ceremony
Green Bay, Wis. – On Monday, May 6, Aurora BayCare Medical Center honored 40 nurses with various special recognition at the Aurora BayCare Medical Center 2019 Nurse Excellence Awards ceremony. The following nurses were nominated and awarded by their peers for outstanding performance, for exemplifying Advocate Aurora Health’s values of Excellence, Compassion and Respect, and for helping others live well:
- Advocate Aurora Nurse of the Year Award: Gianna Schliep, RN in the ICU
- Excellence in Nursing Leadership Award: Traci Behnke, Director of Nursing - Critical Care
- Excellence in Nursing Leadership Award: Sarah Pearson, Manager of Patient Care - ICU
- Nurse Preceptor Award: Katie Jacky, RN in the Emergency Department
- Excellence in Nursing Professional Development Award: Amy Penkivich, Nurse Educator in the Emergency Department
- Exemplary Acts in Nursing Award: Padee Xiong, Case Manager
- The Inter-Professional Colleague Collaboration Award: Karen Marks, Nursing Assistant Health Unit Coordinator in the PACU
- Novice Nurse Award: Katie Owen, RN in the PACU
- CNO Clinical Nurse Transformational Leader Award: Erin Murphy, RN in the PACU
- Transformational Leadership - Advanced Practice Award: Amber Petersen-Kuemmel, CRNA
- Shared Governance Award: Jen Debbout, RN in GI Services
- Excellence in Safety Award: Nicki Kruse, RN in Radiation Oncology
- Daisy Team Award: NICU Patient Experience Committee (Erica Huettl, Bea Bartels, Darlene O'Brien, Mackenzie Farvour, Katie VanLaanen, Melissa Johnson, Sara Presteen, Kendra Szalkowski, Melissa Miller)
- Multi-Disciplinary Professional Team Award: NICU Development Committee (Jillian Gajeski, Jill Augustine, Deb Brunnquell, Mandy Haberli, Erica Huettl, Suzanne Klosterman, Kendra Szalkowski, Melanie Tomcheck, Barb Ball, Heidi Handrich, Carrie Doine, Christy Miller, Edelyn Cash)
- Excellence in Quality Award: Kimberlee Sanders, Emily Currey, Shelley Govek, Katie Hauterbrook, RNs in LDRP
- Excellence in Evidence-Based Practice Award: Crystal Bechle, RN in LDRP
Aurora BayCare’s nurses – as well as nurses across the Advocate Aurora Health system – provide compassionate, evidence-based care on a daily basis to their patients, families and communities.
Aurora BayCare Medical Center is a 167-bed, full-service tertiary care hospital located at 2845 Greenbrier Road on Green Bay’s east side. It opened in September 2001 as a joint venture of Aurora Health Care and BayCare Clinic. Aurora BayCare is committed to creating a better way to provide high quality tertiary healthcare, the latest in medical technology and superior service.
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin-area health care provider and a national leader in efforts to improve health care quality. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 30 counties throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. Aurora is Wisconsin’s most comprehensive health care provider and the state’s largest private employer. Aurora serves more than 1.2 million patients every year via a comprehensive network of facilities, services and providers, including 15 hospitals, more than 150 clinics, more than 70 pharmacies and more than 33,000 Caregivers. As evidenced by more than 300 active clinical trials, Aurora is dedicated to delivering innovations to provide the best possible care today, and to define the best care for tomorrow. Get helpful health and wellness information via the Aurora MyHealth blog, our Facebook page, our Twitter account and our Pinterest account.
BayCare Clinic, baycare.net, is the largest physician-owned specialty-care clinic in northeastern Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. It is based in Green Bay, Wisconsin. BayCare Clinic offers expertise in more than 20 specialties, with more than 100 physicians serving in 16 area communities. BayCare Clinic is a joint partner in Aurora BayCare Medical Center, a 167-bed, full-service hospital. Follow BayCare Clinic on Facebook and Twitter.