Living Well is a 12-month weight management program run in partnership with the local YMCA.
Participants will receive information regarding:
- Committing to healthy lifestyle choices
- Finding and maintaining support and motivation
- Review of exercise program from exercise specialist
- Exercising and being physically active
- Healthy food choices
- Negative/positive self-talk
- Exercises to incorporate at home (balls, weights, bands)
The program is divided into 2 phases:
- 3-month program
- 12 weekly educational classes held at the YMCA
- 3-month membership to the YMCA (any location)
- Emphasis on healthy lifestyle skills
- Weekly monitored food and activity journals and progress
- Individual exercise prescription from exercise specialist
- Pocket calorie/fat counter book
- 9-month maintenance program
- Educational classes and continued support from program coordinators and other group members
- Weekly, evidence-based weight maintenance strategies
- On-going challenges and contests to keep participants engaged
The Aurora Advantage
- Aurora Health Care has partnered with the local YMCA to provide the best medical and fitness information in one place.
- One company showed a 12.9% decrease in medical claims one year after program initiation and a 14.4% decrease after two years.
To learn more, please call 866-207-4805.